Thursday, April 9, 2020


Mending

Let's touch base-
     It's been a minute since I posted or shared anything on the blog so I'm taking this down time to try to be more connected with you here. Nothing real profound, just feeling the need to reach out since I'm not getting to see you all at the art shows this Spring and Summer. I'm also practicing not spacing twice at the end of sentences ;). ignore it if you see it happen please. I haven't felt inspired to work on any #WindowFramed pieces as of yet but I'm trying to keep my hands busy.  Above are my much loved and patched jeans that are needing an over haul thanks to my Keto lifestyle.  If you'd told me last year that I'd handle this world wide pandemic without a bowl of pasta as my wingman I'd have laughed out loud but that's just what I'm doing. Hence the need for jean alteration. So I'm using what I have and not buying more until it feels appropriate. I'm mending and making do. Visible mending feels like a signal to me and others that I care for what I have. To stop the disposable lifestyle. Reduce/Reuse/Recycle is a hashtag I often use online when referring to my art work. Even truer now in the whole of my life. Slowing down, paying attention, paying tribute to the people, places and things that support me in this life.

Be Well,

Kim  

No comments:

Post a Comment