Wednesday, January 12, 2011

House Guest



I've had house guests for the last week,swelling the cottage's cat count to six. This has brought an extensive list of additional chores. If anyone ever tells you that cats are low maintenance you have my permission to snort. Sweeping,scooping,filling water and food bowls. No not that food,something else. Gimme water from the bathroom faucet. But I need to sleep in the rolly chair in front the computer,you sit somewhere else. Tell him to stop looking at me. Whatcha drinking? Let me stick my paw in for a taste. I didn't knock that over. Their "non neediness" was not apparent.

That being said. I laughed at and petted, played and worried over each and every one and would do it again. A break from routine keeps you on your toes and helps you appreciate the blessings you have on a daily basis. This photograph is of one of my house guests, Calvin. He is struggling through health issues but made himself at home and did his best to please me by putting on some weight while he visited, one spoonful at a time. Calvin,Moles and Helo you are welcome anytime, despite what SweetPea may tell you.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you posted this, Kim. I kept thinking I wanted to get my eyes on him. True about the break from routine being important for fresh perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Kim. Well written! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post too - nice to "meet" Calvin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hello dear Calvin, you look too sweet! I love this post, and thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit. I will be back soon.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is too funny but so true :)

    Have a lovely day T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! My cats are a joy! What a nice thing you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I miss those days growing up with around 6 kitties in the house! I can't have cats in my flat so I shall live vacariously through you =(^.^)=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely-I can even mail you some fur if you'd like some to throw around the flat ; )

    ReplyDelete