Wednesday, June 14, 2017


THEY'RE TOUCHING MY STUFF!!!!!

  Today starts some home renovations after an unexpected ceiling collapse.  As a result, I'm getting a new ceiling in the living room, walls painted and my wooden floors refinished through out the house.  This means everything must be removed from the house except the kitchen and bath.  If you've followed along with me  you know I've KonMari'd quite a bit of stuff but I still am a "décor" fan.  That means I surround myself with things I love.  Vintage finds, books, pieces of treasures from travels and art work on all my walls that includes quilts. 

I've been living the last few weeks with all that nesting material in disarray and today they are coming to pack it up and store it while the repairs take place. That's where the title of the post comes from.  Thank goodness "they" are thoughtful, careful women who are working conscientiously to make sure nothing is damaged in the process.  But still, as someone who lives alone and enjoys that, its a bit daunting to have my space invaded, packed and messed with.  This is fine. Its probably fine.  It'll be fine.

I think I mentioned once to often "Wouldn't it be nice to start fresh.  Just have everything out of the house and be more thoughtful about what I filled it with."   Here's my chance.  If it wasn't in the middle of show season it would be a perfect opportunity. Things don't have to be perfect for wonderful to happen and that's how I'm choosing to see this.  I've put my shops on vacation mode, kept out enough clothes to get by and am keeping my show gear in the car so I've got all I need.  The furry kids are staying at the "spa" that is Grandma's house.  So all is well.

Let's do this!

See you soon,


1 comment:

  1. Having been through this ourselves, this is never an easy thing to go through. In the end hopefully you will have the home you want--love--deserve!

    ReplyDelete