Monday, July 12, 2010

Scissors




Does your mother do this to you? "You don't want these old things do you?" "I'm going to just give these away." "You didn't know I had those?" Mine does and did and now I've got a new collection started. Black handled scissors. Heck, one of them is even mine from high school home ec. Did you grow up with these sewing work horses. Sturdy and sharp, pratically indestructable. They do however age, just like the rest of us. Not quite as sharp as they used to be and a little loose in the joints. They rattle a bit when shaken and the black is going silver. Its hard to get rid of something that still has use. Even if all it does is serve to remind you of that first pattern you cut out or aided in Barbies first haircut. They don't take up that much room and serve as time travel aids ever time I see them.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful, KC. I am amazed at how you really do know how to 'see' when you look at this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,

    Thanks for your encouragement! I'm excited about the event...a bit down today, okay a LOT down today because my son is going to move out of the backhouse....Roomie probs.....And they've been friends for years,,,

    Anyway,,,I had an idea, I'll run it buy you and because we have till October, you can think about it!

    I love, love love, your photos! Have from the day I found you, but I think you know that! Would you like to sell some of your prints in my booth? I'd take 10%.....just to cover the cost of handling the sales, merchandising and cost of the booth......

    You could do whatever,,,however much you'd like! Cards/prints, whatever! Just a thought, but I'd be SO proud to share your photos in my booth.

    Give it some thought and let me know!

    Have a great day and shewwww! Do I need to get out of todays "funk," this isn't like me!

    Hugs and love,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I've got shivers.....
    We have a pair of my grama's
    old black scissors hanging
    above my husband's work bench.
    I just used them YESTERDAY and
    smiled and thought of her and
    how they don't make black-
    handled scissors anymore {or
    do they} and then chuckled
    at MYSELF for getting all
    sentimental over a pair of
    SCISSORS! Then, I read THIS,
    TODAY!!! Love it, and your
    thoughts on these classics.
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suzanne-

    I love when connections like that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stuff!
    So you're in San Antonio? We're not that far apart, actually. I should take you out to lunch and pick your brain about all things related to photography. ;-)

    Have a great weekend!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne-

    Yup, just down the road from you. I'm always happy to chat about photography. I'm self taught but love to discuss it. My next field trip I'll Fiona and Twig.

    ReplyDelete